Here is an easy and healthy recipe for the traditional, delicious curried minced meat dish. This healthy food recipe is an extreme makeover dish from South Africa.
- 400g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, plus extra 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 4 teaspoons medium curry paste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic
- 390g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup liquid beef stock (use a beef stock cube mixed with boiling water)
- 4 tablespoons sultanas
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
Step 1 Brown mince in a non-stick pan without added fat. Add onion. Cook to soften.
Step 2 Add remaining ingredients, except couscous, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes.
Step 3 To cook couscous, place in a large bowl and pour over 2 cups boiling water. Cover. Leave to stand for 5 minutes. Fluff up with a fork. Serve couscous with bobotie and garnish with extra coriander.