Piers Morgan has hit out at Prince Harry’s behavior as the US-based Duke of Sussex says he can’t return to the UK due to safety worries
Piers Morgan has once again aimed at Prince Harry and attacked him for his behavior.
The prince, 37, who now lives in the United States, has expressed fears about his safety if he returns to the United Kingdom with his wife, Meghan Markle, 40, and their children.
He claims he was chased by a swarm of photographers last year at a charity event for sick kids in London.
And he is currently involved in a legal battle with the Home Office over a decision not to allow him to pay for police protection for his family while in the UK.
In a statement, Harry’s legal representative said: “The UK will always be Prince Harry’s home and a country he wants his wife and children to be safe in. With the lack of police protection, comes too great a personal risk.
“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex personally fund a private security team for their family, yet that security cannot replicate the necessary police protection needed whilst in the UK. In the absence of such protection, Prince Harry and his family are unable to return to his home.”
However, former Good Morning Britain presenter Piers, 56, who has frequently expressed his displeasure with the couple, has bashed his actions once more.
Piers urged the prince in The Sun to “behave like a shameless, deluded, woefully entitled hypocrite.”
He said he “seems to have delighted in making his 95-year-old grandmother’s life more difficult” before calling him the “petulant prince” and questioning if there was ever a time he wasn’t threatening legal action.
He wrote: “If he goes through with his threat, it will be the first time any royal has ever sued Her Majesty’s Government, and, of course, causes the Queen yet another massive headache at the worst possible time.”
He continued: “Since they quit Britain, Harry and Meghan have proven themselves to be only interested in one thing: making as much money as fast as possible by ruthlessly exploiting their royal status.”
And, he claims, they’ve done so in the “most laughably hypocritical manner,” continuing to “use private jets like taxis” while preaching about the environment.
Piers’ statement came on the same day that he made his first appearance on UK breakfast TV since his explosive exit from Good Morning Britain, speaking to Sophie Raworth on BBC’s Sunday Morning about the day’s headlines.
He let the presenter know his thoughts on Harry’s security claims as he said: “It was absolutely chillingly inevitable that these two would pop their heads up again right when the Queen least wants them to.
“I feel so sorry for the Queen right now – it’s her Platinum Jubilee coming!
“The timing of it is so appalling as well – she’s lost her husband, she’s got this awful situation with Andrew, and now her grandson, who has been baiting the Royal Family all year, has now popped up from his mansion in California to say that when he comes back to the UK, he wants to have the British police protect him.”