1 bottle (750mL) of red wine
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup Grand Marnier or brandy (or a mixture of both)
- Combine the sugar, water, and Grand Marnier or brandy in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves, but do not let it come to a boil.
- Remove the syrup from heat and let cool.
- Thinly slice the peach, apple and orange and combine the pieces in a large pitcher or juice jug.
- Add the bottle of wine and cooled syrup.
- Stir until it is well-mixed.
- Adjust the sugar and alcohol levels to taste – add more water if it is too alcoholic, more sugar syrup if it is too dry.
- Chill the sangria until it is very cold (at least an hour).
- Serve straight or over ice.