6 egg whites
3 whole eggs
2 Tbsp milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
nonstick cooking spray
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 medium zucchini, sliced into rounds
2 oz Gruyere cheese, grated
3 Tbsp parmesan, grated
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat the broiler.
- Whisk egg whites, eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl until well blended.
- Heat a 9 inch nonstick oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
- Spray with cooking spray and add the mushrooms and onions; saute until softened and juices evaporate.
- Add the zucchini and saute until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring well.
- Decrease heat to medium low. Puor the egg mixture over the mushroom and zucchini mixture.
- Sprinkle with the cheeses and thyme. Cover and cook until the frittata is almost set but the top is still runny.
- Place the skillet, uncovered, under the broiler and cook until golden brown on top, about a minute or two.
- Remove from oven, then loosen from skillet with a spatula and slice it onto a plate. Cut into 4 wedges and serve.