There are only two things that can actually make you lose weight which are exercising and keep a check on your diet. And amongst these two things, it is your diet that plays a major part in losing weight. When you are trying to lose weight one thing that you need in abundance is protein.
[contentblock id=1 img=adsense.png]
Protein helps in building muscles which then help in burning the excess fat. Below we have made a compilation of 7 best natural sources of protein that you can include in your diet to lose weight fast.
1. Almonds- Almonds are a great snack for those who are trying to eat healthy or are trying to lose weight. A single almond contains 1.3 grams of protein. Also, these nuts are very high in fibre as well and thus will help you in feeling fuller for an extended period of time making you eat less.
2. Broccoli- We all know that green vegetables are very beneficial for our health. Broccoli, in general, contains a lot of nutrients. Just 1 serving of broccoli contains 5 grams of protein. Along with that it also contains vitamin B1, omega-3 fatty acids and magnesium. It is best to eat broccoli steamed and lightly sautéed in oil with some herbs and salt.
[contentblock id=2 img=adsense.png]
3. Chickpeas- Chickpeas are very high in protein as just one cup of chickpeas contain 40 grams of protein. Studies have proven that legumes can be very helpful in losing weight as these are very high in fibre. Fibre helps you in staying full for longer and thus suppressing the calorie intake. So if you love chickpeas then feel free to savour these as salads, stews or even a snack.
4. Coconut- Coconut too is a great source of protein and thus is a great addition to your daily diet. A half cup of soft coconut flesh consists of 8 grams of protein. Apart from that coconut also contains an amino acid named threonine which is particularly important for a healthy liver.
Read More: How To Stay Healthy During Monsoon
5. Cottage cheese- Cottage cheese is a great alternative and substitute for chicken or meat to the vegetarians. In fact, cottage cheese is very healthy as well and you can get 11 grams of protein from 100 grams of cottage cheese. In order to get the best quality protein which is fact free, make it at your home with fat-free milk. This way all you get is just protein and no fat.
6. Eggs- Eggs are good for everyone and not just for the people who are trying to lose weight. One egg consists of 6 grams of protein as well as vitamin B2, vitamin D, vitamin B12, iodine and selenium. Eggs are a favourite post workout food item for a lot of people due to its nutritional value.
[contentblock id=3 img=gcb.png]
7. Lentils- We have all been taught by our moms to eat dal in order to grow stronger. Well, as they say, moms are always right. Lentils are very high in protein content and very low in calories. Just 1 cup cooked lentils consist of 18 grams of protein. Along with proteins, it also contains essential minerals such as potassium, magnesium, folate, iron, manganese and copper.