1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
4 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup flaked coconut
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and lemon juice.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in the coconut and lemon peel.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients; brush over loaf.